Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Othello Act 5
Act 5 scene 1 was a little weird. I mean it made since that Rodrigo was sent to kill Cassio and I found it humorous that Cassio had armor on under his cloak which makes sense seeing as he is a solider. I also give props to Iago for setting this up beautifully. It makes me think that he had this all planned out in advance and wasn't doing it on the fly because it seems like way too complicated a plan to be put together on the fly. I definitely didn't expect Iago to kill his wife especially after she already confessed everything and he was ruined. I found it weird that he was able to keep his sword and draw it without anyone raising their swords to him. I love the part when Othello says that he didn't commit any of these murders out of hate but out of honor. It seems like honor is a very big theme in all of Shakespeare's plays and a character will go to any length in order to make sure their honor stays intact. I love Othello's final speech about how the story should be told. He doesn't want it toned down or embellished. He wants everyone to know exactly what happen there that night and how exactly he acted leading up to it which I thought was very noble of him. I also like that his reason for all of this was because he loved too much and wasn't wise about it. So I guess if you're blindly in love with someone it is easy to manipulate you and convince you of bad things that don't actually exist. Moral of the story don't love too much and be unwise about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment